Monday, August 29, 2011

A year ago today

Facebook is always adding new features to make the lives of its users more efficient, more enriching, and more utterly facebookified. One of those new features is the "a year ago today you said..." I am certainly not one to remember exact dates and what occurred on them, so this feature is surprising, sometimes upsetting, and often revealing.

One such reminder about my status showed up to me on Saturday, it said "Come watch me kick some rugby ass against Chicago today! Infinity Park. 3pm."

Now, this is a rather innocuous facebook status you'd think. Its a rugby game, my team won. The end.

I thought the same thing too when I read it, but then I had one of those thrown back through time space outs where I realized the following--A year ago that day was the Chicago game. The game that changed my life in rather trite and altogether significant ways.

A year ago today I wasn't just playing a rugby game. I also threw my current short term relationship out the door, began a tryst with a women far too old for me, spoke to my now fiancée for the first time, and reignited my love affair with rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment